Tired of Empty Space? Try 10 Dummy Image Generators for Web Designers

Sometimes there is a need to create a random picture without making efforts. It’s not only about laziness: in some cases illustration indeed is permissible to be whichever without requirements of deep concept. You can be surprised, but this can be used for the benefit of a project – proper distribution of efforts gives a real opportunity to pay more attention to other elements.

Dummy Image Generators

Generated by lorempixel.

Web designers, you have a way out – dummy image generators. These helpful services would easily provide with placeholder and dummy images, which are intended to fill useless empty space. Below I listed 10 dummy image generators considered to be the best for web designers.

* * *

Dummy Image Generator

Dummy Image Generators

At first this service offers to choose a motif of a picture – it’s eased by understandable categorization of the options available. Then the tool generates set of different size illustration, which can be downloaded as a zip file.

* * *

lorempixel

Dummy Image Generators

It’s a rather easy-to-use online utility: a picture is generated randomly. The only thing you are supposed to do is to choose size, theme and colorfulness of the image needed.

* * *

Random Image Generator

Dummy Image Generators

Except an option for size selection, Random Image Generator provides with original styles, which immediately brong to mind associations with expressionist visual art.

* * *

Dynamic Dummy Image Generator

Dummy Image Generators

This one is the most popular dummy image generator according to Google. The tool attracts with its simplicity: take size, take color of background and text, type the text – and here you go with a minimalist placeholder pic.

* * *

Dummy Images

Dummy Image Generators

Dummy Images is quite similar with the previous service, though it requires manual editing (of course, the instructions are included). Anyway, I like the way it visually represented and the design of the website.

* * *

Ipsum Image

Dummy Image Generators

The author doesn’t conceal Ipsum Image is inspired by Dynamic Dummy Image Generator, and we can see a strong connection. The unique feature consists in total integration with Google services.

* * *

Dummy Image Bookmarklet

Dummy Image Generators

This quite simple favlet would provide you with GIF placeholder with any height and width you wish.

* * *

FPOImg

Dummy Image Generators

FPO means For Placement Only and indeed the purpose of the tool is to provide with placeholders for any kind of surface – either website or a school newspaper.

* * *

Get Dummy Image

Dummy Image Generators

A nice feature of the tool is it gives an opportunity to create borders of different tints.

* * *

Placehold.IT

Dummy Image Generators

Placehold.IT is a really easy and quick way to make placeholder image. To get the one you need to put the needed dimensions after offered URL.

* * *

The criteria of arrangement is functionality – I’ve tried to place examples from more to less. The usefulness for web designers has been also taken into consideration. By the way, all of the services are online – I chose them for purpose, keeping in mind it’s much more comfortable to make few clicks on a website, than to mess about downloading, installing and so on.

If you know more effective dummy image generators, I’d be glad you share them in the comments.

About the author:

Art Rivera: Deeply interested in everything connected with Internet, I sincerely suppose the web is the only future reality for the humanity through its inevitable involving into every part of human life. I’m not a great fan of cyberpunk concept, but the world is keeping that certain direction of total connectedness. And of course there should be someone, who can write the history, who would describe and analyze and enter in the record all notable changes and tendencies on the web. Hello, it’s me.

This entry was posted in web design. Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to Tired of Empty Space? Try 10 Dummy Image Generators for Web Designers

1. Stacy Summers says:

cool post! thanks

2. ArtRivera says:

I do appreciate your positive response. Feel free to check for further updates.

3. orange county web designer says:

Great article. Thanks for the resources.

4. ArtRivera says:

You are always welcome.