Working in web design and development field, many smart professionals like to keep a kind of library with various goodies in order not to lose time searching for them in case of necessity. If such behavior is habitual for you, today you have a brilliant chance to fill your stock with a good portion of themes from DXthemes.
So, what can you get out of this Mighty Deal?
- - The bundle you acquire includes more than 20 WordPress themes with different designs. 4 of them are e-Commerce stores developed for selling various stuff and 18 are WordPress Themes intended for business and portfolio websites.
- - Need a rigorous HTML5 template? You get 32 of them in this bundle. Just imagine, how much time these top-quality themes for hotels, real estate agents, lawyers, businessmen, education enterprises, architectural bureaus and other businesses can save you.
- - HTML5 templates are fully responsive that has crucial significance for modern community as people may use any portable device (from smartphone to laptop) with internet access to browse the perfectly rendered websites. Due to the fact that the themes are built with Twitter Bootstrap, their codes are easy to handle and customize.
- - All of the themes are SEO optimization friendly, which guarantees high search engine rankings of your clients’ websites.
- - The templates are very easy to install and maintain. Bringing site to operation won’t take any considerable time investments as well as its consequent update.
- - The deal provides commercial license for all themes and templates, that is, you can use them for your own website or client’s website as well. The number of sites, created on the bases of templates is also unlimited.
And now, we invite you to view what’s inside the bundle with your own eyes!
WordPress eCommerce Themes
HTML5 Responsive Twitter Bootstrap Templates
We have a lot of ways to manage the web pages and to make them better and more attractive. If not talking about the objective characteristic, our choice is mostly determined by the difficulty of realization. Today I’d like to introduce one simple way to improve your projects.
CSS pseudo-classes are things adding special effects to certain selectors. Do you want the buttons to blink? Do you want the links to be dynamic? Sure, no problem, you just need to find out how to work with CSS3 pseudo-styles. For this purpose I want to share with you the 10 tutorials I found on the web – they should help you to get the basic knowledge of dealing with pseudo-classes.
* * *
I believe it’s the most optimal tutorial for newbies, which contains general information. Nevertheless, “general” doesn’t mean truncated: the article is big and improved with examples, so you’ll need some time to learn everything from it.
* * *
This guide is very simple and short, however it’s quite informative and can give an idea of what CSS3 pseudo-classes are and how they should be coded. It’s great for those, who doesn’r need to become a pro, but must know the basic minimum.
Shortly before an annual conference Adobe MAX, Adobe announced rebranding of its application suite Creative Suite. Now, the company’s products are distributed under the brand Creative Cloud. The recall of this service was announced last year at the same time with the Creative Suite CS6. In addition, Adobe has told about some of the new developments in the next generation of its graphics editor, known as Photoshop Creative Cloud.
Filters like Smart Sharpen, got an improved algorithm, plus opportunity to reduce digital noise. Intelligent upsampling option allows to increase size of images in low resolution without significant loss in quality and noise. The set of options Extended Features, previously available only in Photoshop Extended, are now the part of a standard set of Photoshop CC. In addition, tools for creating vector shapes were enhanced, support for Camera Raw 8 was added, for each individual layer comfortable grip shapes and paths in one go are implemented, and have an option to quickly eliminate blurry photos caused by an unsteady hand of the photographer (when shooting). Application of a set of Creative Cloud will be available only through subscription, which costs $ 50 a month.
Previous set of CS 6 will be available for purchase, if there the owner of Adobe product has no wish to pay monthly, Adobe updates will no longer be available for him.
The release of free pet theme is hot topic today. If you’re a constant reader of our blog, you know that our weekly series is dedicated to freebies that we are glad to share with you. Whether you’re a skillful designer, or just a beginner, these themes will help you quickly and easily start a website. Even moderately advanced developer skills will be enough for creating a site on the basis of this free theme. Besides, it will be completely free.
This layout is good for a variety of pet sites, but you can easily customize it according to the design needs of your project. Large photos in the top slider, cool images in content blocks, blog section for sharing the latest news with the visitors, Pets for Adoption slider – this theme offers you well-organized structure with elements you need for presenting business online. How will your site look like? Check out free template life demo to see it. If you like this theme and find it attractive, feel free to download it.
Free Website Template for Pet Site:
Feel free to get this free website template with PSD source files. To download this theme with PSD files, visit the Free Website Template for Pet Site download page at TemplateMonster and type an email address that you want the free template package to be delivered to (don’t forget to uncheck the newsletter subscription checkbox in case you’re already subscribed, otherwise you may not be able to download the zip file). Feel free to use this template for your business, but you cannot resell it as a template.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: TemplateMonster does not provide support services on free templates – including this one. We only provide support for the products that are being purchased from TemplateMonster. Our free templates are produced according to the latest web standards and we’ve been trying to make the process of working with them as easy as possible, so for people with minimum web development experience it should be easy to work with them. However, if you don’t have any experience, we recommend you to refer to the tutorials or community forums on how to work with platforms that each respective template is made with, or to hire someone to do the job for you.
Some web designers are so concentrated on the visual part of their work that they forget about the functionality and navigation – such hyperbolic aestheticism is a well-know detector of amateurs and noobs in this sphere of activity.
But unfortunately, even if designers are skilled and understand the importance of practical convenience, they often forget about the non-graphical ways of influencing a user’s perception. Remember about sound and music: hears play a significant role in interaction with the world around. Anyway, I want not only to remind about this elements, which can be appropriately used in web design, but also share with your some helpful materials you can develop musical component in your projects with. I gathered 7 websites containing bundles of free audio contents: sounds, effects, songs, melodies and so on.
* * *
It’s an old and reputable archive for music tracks of various artists and genres. The website is directed by WFMU radio, which has always offered a free access to new music, and overseen by number of other curators influential in music world.
* * *
Free Stock Music is a wonderful new resource that provides with free music in 10 different genres. Every track is available for downloading in three formats: wav, mp3 and aiff.
Oldschool (also written as “Oldskool”) is a traditional American and European tattoo style opening the tattoo tradition in the newest Western history. It can be called a bit rude: the graphics is characterized with bright colors (mostly solid red, yellow, green, blue) frames with bold black outlines. The shadowing is little or absent at all.
Sailors were the first who restored the tattoo practice on the West being in close contact with cultures of Polynesia and South-West Asia region, where picturing of bodies is a whole tradition. A term “tattoo” itself comes from Tahitian “ta-ttow”, which is a word imitation for the sound of Polynesian traditional tattoo-instrument in action.
Sailors depended a lot on the tricks of nature, so superstition was a quite widespread trait among them. Tattooing was like an act of symbolic defense against misfortunes on the sea. Also sailors put on their bodies portraits of their beloved girls left on the land or other symbols reminding about them. All these factors influenced a lot on the tradition of oldschool tattoo, which began to form in the end of 19th century. The most well-known classic oldschool motifs like swallows, anchors, mermaids, beautiful girls, hearts, roses, water, fishes, nautical stars roots exactly in the sailor way of life.
It wasn’t too long ago when linking together web pages was the only way for website designers to build a website. Now, thanks to big time technological advances in the web design and development industry, innovative web design techniques and trends are emerging. Notable among them are jQuery responsive content sliders.
Powered by jQuery, these animations evolved from slideshow technology and provide a compact, yet appealing way to present content in a limited space simply by sliding it across the page. Responsive jQuery sliders have made quite a name for themselves because they revolutionize the look of a website regardless of the viewing device and give designers a creative option for showcasing certain elements.
What’s not to like about responsive jQuery content sliders? They’re an attractive solution for presenting images, videos and content together in one presentation; they adapt to any computer screen or mobile device, making them completely responsive; they allow for lots of configuration options; and they offer different effect modes, like fade, rotate, blinds and stack, just to name a few.
The jQuery content slider is one of the most versatile tools of web designers today, which could explain why it’s the most popular, too. There are many jQuery responsive content sliders available, from the basic to full featured sliders, all designed to make a great looking, user-friendly website.
Although there are many jQuery slider plug-ins available to use for free on the web, not all are up to par. Some have glitches, others are too rigid and some are just not that interesting. But there are numerous others that are creative, full of fantastic features, allow for customized configurations, require little or no coding or image editing, and run error-free. Take a look at this list of the 10 latest jQuery responsive content sliders.
* * *
1. WOW Slider
It touts beautiful skins and killer effects and WOW Slider delivers with stunning templates and an incredible array of visual effects, 14 to be exact, that range from blast to stack. It’s fully responsive on all browsers and devices. Its unique point-and-click wizard allows custom sliders to be made quickly without the need for image editing or coding. WOW Slider allows web designers to perform a lot of customization, such as adding descriptions, setting the size, speed and delay of the slider, and resizing, rotating, or sorting images.
* * *
RSlider features a clean and simple design that brings sophisticated interaction to site content. It’s designed so no programming skills are required for creating an image and content slider. If quick and easy is what you’re looking for in creating a nice-looking slider that supports categories, then RSlider is for you. The full screen responsive jQuery slider automatically adjusts to the width of the browser screen.
* * *
According to research by Flurry Analytics, mobile app users have hit 58 million. It is not surprising to know that most of these 58 million users are found in the 8 p.m prime-time slot for TV viewing. The survey further found that the number of mobile app users has exceeded of even that of desktops and laptops. This reminds me of a similar prediction by ComScore that by 2014 mobile will overtake desktop usage by a storm.
Enterprises must think of mobile as a medium to address multiple issues. With strategic investments in the mobile app platform businesses can not only increase their revenue but build a highly sort-after brand image. Whereas, mobile app developers can do much more to take advantage of the booming mobile scenario. Here’s how:
Identify potential idea and concepts for your next app-development project. Use a a holistic approach wherein your users find solutions and quality experiences. Refrain from the one-size-fits-all ideology and customize your app development.
Befriend a pool of talented and reliable developer community. Brainstorm and share your app development ideas. Find out what’s new and what has the potential to be deciphered. Though you may not get too much room for experimentation; practice and showcase your skills regularly with your community, and lastly allow feedbacks and suggestions to grow faster.
If you want to stand out in the crowd, which all of us wish at some point of time in our careers, simply focus on developing mobile apps with the best advanced user experience. Find out who your users are and what they actually want from your app? Consider every element individually and include a flow into what your app development project.
Image Source: Stock Photo by Shutterstock
Remember the rule of the thumb: Make mistakes but never repeat them
The best way to represent a company is to create a high quality Email page design. There are 15 simple rules that can be followed to achieve effective response from your email efforts. Select a suitable image with a supporting content. Page layout needs to follow certain considerations. Your email should be designed in such a manner so that it attracts and directs viewers to your desired page. Presentation of email is important and interactive elements such as video and content boxes will be of great advantage for your email page design.
HTML email designs can be created in a manner that it keeps to a pint of being critical. The main aim should be to attain reader’s engagement. Always remember, website building ideas should be left aside before designing an HTML email. Avoid any kind of clutter such as animation and tables. Keep everything simple, yet vital. Only then your message will hit the right chord.
Image Source: Stock Photo by Sutterstock
Image Source: Stock Photo by Sutterstock
Things to Include
- 1. Fonts used in websites cannot be used in emails as they do not reach inboxes. Basic fonts such as Verdana, Georgia, Calibri, Arial and some others can be used in HTML texts and fonts.
- 2. Emails must feature a proper message or a driving story. You must be able to put forward your subject. Email messages become effective only when your content is highlighted. A relevant illustration supporting your content can be included in the email body and header.
- 3. Important sections of a proper email page are: headline, subject line and body. Send an email that remains in the memory of your targeted audience.
- 4. Do not let your audience scroll your email text. You must keep your email page width to a standard 650 pixel. Most users around the world tend to read from left to right. Create your email in such a manner so that your content-pull remains strong on the left side.
- 5. Emails are directed to generate mostly ‘call to action’ from the users’ end. Use snappy lines in order to get positive and fast actions. Adding a touch of immediacy in emails is a creative thing.
- 6. Engage your user. Emails must be created in such a manner so that web users (who do not like wasting time) are attracted enough to continue reading and taking immediate action on the basis of your email.
- 7. Identify yourself well in order to look trustworthy. We all know how email users are tired and bored with bulk and promotional mails. Your message must be right and to the exact point that reaches the email audience. You must not look like a suspicious spam mailer or a stranger sending the mail.
- 8. Keep your email design that fits content in not more than 3 columns. Putting an image on the left will earn you user engagement. Arousing visual interest will further let the email reader continue with the text.
- 9. Keep your layouts, paragraphs, messages and design elements to a bare minimum. Do not let your email users feel they are waiting for too long to complete the text/message in the email. Clean and simple messages satisfy users and allow them to believe they are not stuck for a longer time. Your goal is to attract attention by keeping everything to the point.
- 10. Put visual cues, add icons and links in your email content so that users were directed to a recommended page. Let them follow or subscribe your page. Your email must have a suitable content that allows users to continue visiting the web page you want them to visit.
- 11. Keep your texts prominent and add browser link in your emails so that users can view them on their web browser when email clients take long time to load and open.
With today’s high level of web design and internet technologies development, it’s rather perplexing to find out that many restaurant websites are not as user-friendly as they should be. No, they are not homely as you might think; on the contrary, most of the restaurant sites boast of the expensive luxury design, congested with refined decorative elements, inconceivable visual effects, charming music and so on. Restaurant owners bend over to make their business a decent web presentation. And this definitely makes sense, as the competition between restaurants exists either in physical or virtual worlds, and customer’s choice is often based on the online research.
Let’s try to view the issue from the point of average restauran-goer, deciding where to drop in for a snack. What do visitors want to see on restaurant website? Is posh layout really that important?
Actually, customers’ requirements are rather modest. Browsing restaurant sites, they are more likely to choose the one, providing comprehensive information about its schedule, contact phones, accurate address, menu, prices and spirit. Sometimes even a web page containing all essential data is enough to attract the customer. Besides, due to the present general obsession with portable handheld devices, all unnecessary ‘sugariness’, slowing down the process, becomes a real challenge for viewers and even prevents the website from performing its initial functions.
Taking into consideration everything mentioned above, let’s form some main thesis, stating what should be avoided in awesome restaurant design.