Its Majesty Internet may open really estimable pearls (that’s why I compassionate people of the pre-internet era). The most interesting thing is those information gems are so different that representatives of diverse strata have a chance to find something nutty exactly for themselves.
So, today I’d like to present a pearl that, to my opinion, would inspire web-design and other artistic people. Say hello to Mayeul Akpovi and his notable works. Mayeul was born in Benin, now he lives in Besançon, France.
Mr. Akrovi is a Motion Time-lapse Photographer, a short Filmmaker and a Corporate video producer. Not sure what a Timelapse is? Well, I wasn’t as well, but Mayeul prudently explained the meaning of the term on his website: “My work is focused on the capture of time and space as accelerated video while adding an artistic and sometimes cinematography touch. This process is called «Time-lapse»”.
Anyway, it’s just a cold definition: to realize the whole picture of this type of art you should check Mayeul’s compositions, which are concentrated on urban life.
Today the popularity of communicating product value through animated videos has made businesses realize their potential in convincing their audience. Not only do they convince a potential customer, but also help in launching a product, giving a demonstration and building a brand.
Image Source: Filmstrip, 3D by Shutterstock
Animated videos also help businesses by giving them a strong online visibility. Being of different kinds they are able to take care of a business’ different communication requirements. Let’s see the kinds of animation that a business can take advantage of:
1. 2D animation: This animation technique brings out the illusion of movement of drawings or objects to its viewers. Such illusion is achieved with the help of animation software, where images are sequenced in progression and are then shown at a rapid movement.
2. 3D animation: This makes use of computer generated images to give a three dimensional view to its viewers. It involves creation of 3D modeling of objects and their surroundings which are then given a 3D effect. They succeed in creating an atmosphere of virtual reality in front of their audience. Read More
After checking out the post about top WordPress events in winter 2013 I decided to complement the topic and to cover the winter events of another platform – this time Joomla fans should be satisfied.
The name Joomla is phonetically identical to the word “Jumla”, which is translated from Swahili language as “altogether”. So it’s not surprising Joomla team makes the organizing of the different type events a regular practice – as for me, the meaning undoubtedly intimates. Above that, such occasions bring a great chance to rest from working routine; however, the rest is not going far away from job moments: the visitors get acquainted better with the IT community, share their ideas with each other.
Interested? No problem, let me present you some top Joomla events in winter 2013 that will take place in different parts of the world.
* * *
Joomla! Day Melbourne 2013
Date: Thu. 17 Jan, 2013 8:00 am – Tue. 22 Jan, 2013 8:00 am (Fri. 18 Jan, 2013 1:00 am – Wed. 23 Jan, 2013 1:00 am EST)
Duration: 5 Days
Location: Swinburne University, Burwood Rd, Hawthorn, Vic, Australia
Website URL: http://melbourne.joomladay.org.au
Image Source: Melbourne Skyline Looking by Shutterstock
I believe this Australian conference will be the most notable Joomla event this season. In any case it will be the most long-lasting one – the organizers announced the conference will take 5 days.
Do you feel the spirit of Christmas hovering in the transparent frosty air? Santa Claus is whipping up his reindeer cause he is very busy tonight. Millions of kids are waiting for their Christmas presents. Their stockings are hanging over the fireplace; they should be filled with sweets and presents till morning. Green Christmas trees, symbolizing the life, are standing in each house. Their rich ornamentation creates a special atmosphere of holiday. Glowing garlands are hanging everywhere; their light is so warm and welcoming that even night darkness backs away. Carols are heard on every step. They fill our souls with happiness and reverence before the most heartwarming holiday of the year. We all celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ!
Christmas is a wonderful time to be with the family, exchange presents, go to the church and just have fun! Holiday feast is also an important part of celebration. Stuffed turkey or goose, meat, gravy, potatoes, vegetables, and certainly Christmas pudding, mince pies and fruit cake will delight our friends and relatives at the holiday table. You can hardly find a single person not spanned with the Christmas mood, it seems as if the whole world with all its inhabitants has become better at once. It’s time to join the general revelry!
We wish you a Merry Christmas! Believe in wonders and maybe the one will happen to you tonight!
Christmas is a great time for multiple purchases and considerable savings. Get to know how you can claim your discount on Web templates and eCommerce templates buying them in a bulk from TemplateMonster. Hurry up! The promo is valid until December 31, 2012. All you need to do is just activate the promo clicking the relevant button on a special page and pick out several templates you like. Your discount may reach up to 40%! Can you miss that?
We have already got used to the diversity of gadgets flooding the handheld devices market. jQuery Mobile is a touch-optimized software framework developed by jQuery project team compatible with the majority of popular smartphones and tablets. It also fits mobile app frameworks and platforms like PhoneGap, Worklight and others as well as main desktop browsers, including iOS, Android, Blackberry, WebOS, Symbian, Windows Phone 7, etc. If jQuery syntax is you strong point, you won’t need any extensive research to work with jQuery Mobile, built on the bases of jQuery core. The framework is lightweight which positively affects the operation speed. The same underlying codebase automatically scales to any screen. Due to the HTML5-driven configuration you can start developing web pages with minimal script application. UI widgets are touch-friendly and platform-agnostic. Theming framework lets you create custom themes. To cut a long story short, jQuery Mobile gives you greater possibilities and more control over the application building process.
To make your web development experience more thrilling and efficient, we offer a collection of free awesome jQuery Mobile tutorials to study. We hope they will spur your creativity and help you find simpler ways of doing complicated things.
* * *
* * *
Regular newsletter sending is an inevitable part of marketing strategy for many companies. The method is inexpensive; e-mails immediately get to the addressee and may bring quick results, provided that all crucial points were met. Actually, newsletter design complies with general web design principles and is created using similar tools and technologies; however, the difference surely exists.
Testing a newsletter before sending is highly important; otherwise your efforts may turn to be a waste of time. Smart merchants test their newsletters in two stages, firstly for its marketing efficiency and then its technical side. There is plenty of testing software, you can install on your computer or use online, still main steps stay the same, so let’s highlight them one-by-one.
First of all, make sure that all essential elements are present in your newsletter design. Here follows their short list:
1. Read your subject line, it should be informative, short and recognizable otherwise the customer may simply ignore your e-mail.
2. Your newsletter should look attractive and encouraging for further reading even in minimal preview size.
3. Some e-mail clients like Outlook, Lotus Notes, and Hotmail don’t display images by default, so check your design without images, is it still worth opening? As a kind of alternative, you may include a link leading to the externally-hosted html version of the email. This way, subscriber will have the possibility to view your content despite the method of viewing and broken elements.
4. Stick to relatively narrow newsletter designs; remember that customers often view their e-mails in partial screen mode.
5. Your e-mails should contain permission reminder, people respond marketing information better when they know that they have subscribed to it themselves.
6. When the addressee knows and trusts the sender, he/she is more likely to open the e-mail. So sender’s details should be clearly stated.
7. Unsubscribe link is also a must-have for commercial e-mails as it saves your efforts and recipient’s nerves. If the person is not interested in your propositions, he/she will throw your e-mail into the bin anyway.
It’s difficult to deny the fact that our life is constant learning. Technologies go ahead with the velocity of light and some professions require constant skills refreshment to be in demand expert. This especially regards programming related specialties, as the field is aimed to simplify the life of community working with computers, which members are not necessarily office workers, cause we all know that almost all industrial processes are controlled by machine intelligence now-a-days.
Frankly speaking, it’s rather difficult for adult working person, having his/her family responsibilities, to enter college or university and attend classes on regular bases to get some advanced training. Major constraining factors are time and money. Even if your passion for learning is able to overcome them, there is one more important issue. We often sacrifice our dream educational institution for the one located in our city, within the convenient reach.
Looking back to everything stated above, online courses seem much more attractive, especially when they are free. Their benefits are obvious, but surely the option works well only for purposeful, persistent students, knowing exactly what result they want to reach, with rigid self-discipline and burning desire. So, if you recognize yourself in this portrait, let’s consider some main benefits of online studying.
1. First of all you are not limited with the choice of educational institution and can choose among the leading world universities.
2. Such courses are frequently absolutely free, so you get the desired advanced knowledge saving your budget.
3. You can watch the lectures, take quizzes and cope with assignments according to your own schedule, when you have free time.
4. You study together with a group of peers having similar goals and yearnings and can discuss complicated matters, help and encourage each other.
5. If you pass all assignments successfully you can even get a certificate confirming the fact.
This entry is not aimed to convince all skeptics that online education can replace the regular one. It is impossible and even dangerous to study some sciences online, as they are connected with huge risk for human life, like medicine, for instance. Here we speak only about rather short-term courses related to programming, which can really give satisfactory results. Their usability is very high, which is extremely important for busy people, having an urgent need or just a desire to raise the level of their skills.
Below we offer you a list of free online courses highlighting various aspects of programming, which will surely teach you something new. Be up-to-date, keep your mind flexible, and this will directly affect your salary.
* * *
* * *
If you think your e-Commerce website is starting to lose its profitability, it’s time to think about website redesign. There is no doubt that there will be many factors contributing towards the fall in profits or the decline in conversion rates, but there is also a good chance that errors or certain shortcomings in website design are contributing to the fall in profits.
Here, you might have a question, “If there were problems in the design of the website, why was it profitable earlier?” Well, the thing is, the expectations of your target shoppers evolve and they start expecting better things from your site. And if they find that your website is not offering them something they want, they will go to some other site. The options for them, as they say, are immense; so it’s imperative that your website is able to meet their needs and requirements to the T.
Image Source: blue Circle of people background – RASTER VERSION by Shutterstock
Redesigning your website helps you give a whole new look and feel to your website, but its core remains the same. The personality and character of your eCommerce website won’t change; all you will be doing is putting some new clothes on it.
There are plenty of designing elements that you can redesign, and the list at times can be endless, so much so that if you don’t limit your redesign endeavor, chances are that you will be building a whole new website. But you don’t want to be doing that, and this is why, you will need to prioritize.
Let’s take a look at a few priorities that are focused on improving your website’s conversion ratio and at the same time also help increase the loyalty quotient of your target customers.
Feel free to check them out!
WordPress Themes got revamped. What does it mean? From now the installation of WordPress themes becomes much easier. TemplateMonster has launched Cherry WordPress Themes that feature WordPress + Cherry Framework + Bootstrap Functionality! Cherry Framework is a software framework created by TemplateMonster’s development team.
The main features of Cherry WordPress Themes
1. One of the most important points is the Ease of Installation process. You get things done just in the WordPress admin panel. You can see it while checking out Installation steps:
- Go to Appearance > Themes > Install Themes and upload zip file CherryFramework.zip;
- After upload completes hit Activate button;
- Once again go to Appearance > Themes > Install Themes and upload your themeXXXX.zip file;
- After upload completes hit Activate button.
To make your WordPress website look like our live demo, follow 5 more steps.
- Go to Cherry Options > Import and upload the options.json file;
- Then upload widgets.json file;
- Hit Import Settings button;
- Upload .xml file;
- Hit Save Changes button, to activate SEO-optimized permalinks structure.
2. Extensive Bootstrap Functionality
It is integrated seamlessly with WordPress.
3. Responsive Layout
The themes you get come with several possible layouts.
4. Framework + Child Theme
These themes allow you to create child themes that possess the same functionality as the parent theme. You can modify them without changing the parent theme itself.
Of course, there are more advantages of Cherry WordPress Themes. Within them you get a bunch of powerful features: the framework will be automatically updated, you can choose the variety of post formats, content is generated via shortcodes, filterable gallery is included.
If you want to look beyond the words and see such templates in action, check out Free Sample.
Now let’s see the Cherry WordPress Themes that are in the focus of our attention today!